Heineken Project AR App
The Heineken Project is an Augmented Reality application, turning your phone into an interactive toy that reacts to a Heineken bottle or glass placed in front of the camera. Away Studios developed the 3D component of the application that included particle effects and 3D-mapped visuals overlaid onto the video feed in realtime. The project was commissioned by Heineken and required a fast turnaround and smooth, detailed animation running on a variety of mobile hardware include iOS and Android devices.
The delivery included:
- Four distinctive particle effects synchronised to the movement of the bottle in 3D.
- Additional interactive effects for each bottle type that responded to user touch.
- Incorporation of branded Heineken visuals.
- Optimisations for iOS and Android.
3D particle effects were created in Away3D and rendered in realtime using Adobe AIR on the device. The app was launched as part of the 2014 “Open your world” global ad campaign.
Production test visuals: City Bridge (press space to activate)
Application installer links: iOS Android
Heineken: http://www.heineken.com/Read more...
Realtime Diamond Renderer
Away Studios developed a collection of Away3D extensions specifically for the realtime rendering of diamond jewellery. The proof-of-concept was commissioned by well known jewellery manufacturer, and produced as part of a consultancy for the Germany-based digital agency Metrix Internet Design.
The delivery included:
- Custom reflection map material for simulating internal reflections
- Post-process glare filter for sparkling effects
- Post-process lens flare filter for glinting effects
- Test harness for experimenting with different effects setups
The additional effects methods are due to be added to the open source repo for the Away3D engine here.
Test view of one of the sample rings for the project can be seen here.
Metrix Internet Design: http://www.metrix.de/Read more...
Nike Team Headwear
The Nike Team headwear site is a web-based flash application, providing an interactive 3D environment for customisation of the Nike headwear product line. Away Studios provided a variety of development services including texture & material management, advanced rendering through custom shaders, refined workflow for model production and direct interaction with the 3D scene allowing placement, rotation and scaling of logos and name drops on various model surfaces.
- File size optimisations, taking advantage of repeating patterns in materials.
- Texture combination between diffuse and normal maps to reconstruct highly detailed materials whilst minimising overhead
- Mouse interaction on ‘hotspot’ areas of 3D models where logos and name drops can be placed and manipulated.
- Texture memory management allowing materials to be loaded and unloaded as the headwear is customised.
RENDR : http://rendr.io/
Paramount Apparel : http://paifashion.com
Nike Team : http://niketeam.nike.com/
Nike Team Headwear : http://nike.teamheadwear.comRead more...
The Anatomy Viewer module for Primal Pictures provides a real time environment to view extremely high-resolution 3D anatomy models. Explore the human body by rotating and zooming in to areas of interest. Selectively hide/reveal or make x-ray/opaque any of the anatomical structures or even whole groups such as muscles, vessel systems, organ systems, etc. Highlight any items in-situ or isolate them in context to the rest of the structures.
Away Studios provided 3D development expertise and workflow advice on the project, and delivered multiple integration points to give the option for the module to be used as part of an AIR application or from within a web page. The real-time graphics take advantage of the latest Stage3D GPU accelerated APIs of the Flash Player, accessed through the Away3D library.
- Extensive API to define & represent anatomical model data, interact with and respond to user events.
- Custom control over rendering properties
- Embedded user interface for model navigation and interaction.
- Tooltips for anatomy identification
- Global system visibility panel – show & hide structural groups.
Primal Pictures – http://www.primalpictures.com & http://www.anatomy.tvRead more...